WHO WE ARE
M FOR MONEY CREDIT UNION LTD
We are financial cooperative providing savings and loans to our members. Membership is open to anyone living or working within the common bond, which is currently anyone living or working in the following:
- The London Boroughs of Harrow, Hillingdon and Brent
- The counties of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire including Milton Keynes
We are committed to protecting our members’ privacy. This is explained in our full privacy statement available here. A summary of your rights is given below.
OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
- To keep your data safe and private
- Not to sell your data
- To allow you to manage your marketing choices at any time
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to provide you with products and services, we need to collect, use, share and store personal and financial information about you. This includes information which we:
- Obtain from you or third parties, such as employers, credit referencing agencies (who may check the information against other databases – public or private- to which they have access), or fraud prevention agencies. This information may come from your interactions with us or with them.
- Learn from the way in which you deposit or withdraw funds from your account or from your borrowing and repayment history.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
- Maintaining your Credit Union Account
- Assessing and identifying products and services
- Assessing loan applications
- Detecting and preventing crime (including money laundering)
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
- Name and addresses
- Telephone numbers and email addresses
- National Insurance number
- Date of birth
- Bank account details
- Employment details
- Next of kin details
- Account balances and transaction history
- Copies of documentation to prove your age, address or income. e.g. passport, utility bill and bank statements
- Telephone recordings
- Copies of any letters and emails to us
CHECKING YOUR CREDIT REFERENCE AND MAKING SURE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE AFFORDABLE
In order to process your application, we will perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies (“CRAs”). Where you take banking services from us, we may also make periodic searches at CRAs to manage your account with us.
To do this, we will supply your personal information to CRAs and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.
We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover debts; and
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We will continue to exchange information about you with CRAs while you have a relationship with us. We will also inform the CRAs about your settled accounts. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs.
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
If you are making a joint application, or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together, so you should make sure you discuss this with them, and share with them this information, before lodging the application. CRAs will also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
The identities of the CRAs, their role also as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your data protection rights with the CRAs are explained in more detail at here. CRAIN is also accessible from each of the three CRAs – clicking on any of these three links will also take you to the same CRAIN document: Transunion ; Equifax; Experian.
As a member of the Association of British Credit Unions, and part of the World Council of Credit Unions, The Credit Union aims to provide members with quality financial services.
We welcome feedback from members and will use this feedback to improve services for all members and to work to put things right for members who are dissatisfied with our service.
You can find out more about the procedure here.
CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS
For more information about how your rights apply to your membership of M for Money Credit Union, you can contact us at email@example.com.